Develop engaging games for the Android platform with Java
* Learn Java, Android, and object-oriented programming from scratch
* Build games including Sub Hunter, Retro Pong, and Bullet Hell
* Create and design your own games, such as an open-world platform game
Android is one of the most popular mobile operating systems. It uses the most popular programming language, Java, as the primary language for building apps of all types. Unlike others, this book doesn't assume that youthat you already have Java proficiency.
This new and expanded second edition of Learning Java by Building Android Games teaches you to build Android games from scratch. The difficulty level will grow steadily as you explore key Java topics, such as variables, loops, and design patterns, including code and examples that are written for Java 9 and Android P.At each stage, you will put what you've learned into practice by developing a game. You will build games such as Minesweeper, Retro Pong, and Classic Snake. In the concluding chapters, you will create a time-trial, open-world platform game.
By the end of the book, you will not only have grasped Java and Android but will also have developed 6 cool games for the Android platform.
What you will learn
* Set up a game development environment in Android Studio
* screen locking, screen rotation, and play sound effects
* Respond to a player's touch and program intelligent enemies
* Learn game development concepts, such as collision detection, animating sprite sheets, and simple tracking
* Animate objects at 60 frames per second (FPS) and manage multiple independent objects using object-oriented programming (OOP)
* Understand the essentials of game programming, such as design patterns and entity-component patterns
* Use the Android and Sound Pool APIs, and learn to detect version number
* Build a side-scrolling shooter and an open world 2D platformer using advanced OOP concepts and programming patterns
Who this book is for
Learning Java by Building Android Games is for you if you are completely new to Java, Android, or game programming and want to make Android games. This book also acts as a refresher for those who already have experience of using Java on Android or any other platform without game development experience.
About the Author
John Horton is a programming and gaming enthusiast based in the UK. He has a passion for writing apps, games, books, and blog articles. He is the founder of Game Code School.
Pinoy web application payroll register is a data process that all lists of total information for every pay period upon approved by payroll approver before saving to the payroll register like total gross pay, total overtime, total allowances, total of each type of deduction, and total net pay. The computation for each individual employee like gross pay, net pay, withholding tax, overtime pay and other deduction amount seen in payslip report are stored in database table payroll register. read more »
Calculate your Mortgage Loan using this mortgage calculator. It's important to calculate mortgage monthly amortization payment to know how much you can afford for investing house & lot, car or other loans. read more »
TRAIN Law Tax Calculator to allow individuals to have an idea on how much their monthly salary deduction of withholding tax, sss, pagibig, philhealth contribution and salary net pay. read more »
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has circularized the Revised Withholding Tax Table which should be used in computing tax withheld on every payment of employee compensation. The Table is effective from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022. Under the TRAIN law, there will be revised rates of the individual income tax effective on January 1, 2023. read more »
HRMS Employee Data Entry is a process to capture employee’s information data and documents. Pinoy Web Application create basic data entry form how to gather employee's data in Personal Details, Job Information, Allowance and 201 Files that manageable and easy to access or retrieve information. read more »
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.