This book is primarily aimed at developers who want to learn how to build ASP.NET Core 2.0 MVC and Razor Page applications. You should be an intermediate level C# developer with some experience in HTML5 and CSS3. The book presupposes that you have a solid C# foundation since the language won't be explained in any detail.
You will learn ASP.NET Core 2.0 by building three applications. The first application will be built using an empty template, the second with the MVC template, and the third with Razor Pages. The goal with the first basic application is to get you familiar with ASP.NET Core 2.0 by adding middleware and services one piece at a time. Then you will create a solution with three projects; the first project will be used to create a shared database with Entity Framework Core 2.0, the second project is a MVC application for the regular user interface, and the third project is an administrator user interface built with Razor Pages. This solution is a video course website, where users can register to gain access to video courses and administrators can add and modify course content and users.
If you are already familiar with MVC 5 or ASP.NET Core 1.0/1.1, the content in this book can get you started with ASP.NET Core 2.0 in a fast, no-fluff way.
It’s important to mention that this book is practical and tactical, where you will learn as you progress through the modules and build real web applications in the process. To spare you countless pages of fluff (filler material), only valuable information, pertinent to the task at hand, is discussed. The benefit is a shorter and more condensed book, which will save you time and give you a more enjoyable experience.
The goal is to learn ASP.NET Core 2.0 by building web projects, two from an empty template and two from existing MVC and Razor Page templates. This experience is something you can put in your CV when applying for a job or a consultant position, or when negotiating a higher salary.
Technologies, frameworks and languages you will use:
* Visual Studio 2017
* ASP.NET Core 2.0 (The framework that you will use)
* MVC & Razor Pages (new in ASP.NET 2.0)
* Services (To provide you own functionality as a reusable service)
* Middleware (To provide you own functionality to HTTP Request pipeline)
* Entity Framework (To crate and communicate with a database)
* View Component (To render data in the _Layout view with model data)
* Razor syntax (To include server-side code in views)
* Bootstrap (Used for styling and to create a responsive design)
* LINQ (To query the database)
* Dependency Injection (To inject objects into constructors)
* Tag Helper (to clean up the HTML and enable re-use)
* HTML Helper methods (to clean up your HTML and enable re-use)
* Partial views (to clean up your views and enable re-use)
* Bower/NuGet (To install necessary front-end/back-end libraries)
What you will implement:
* Implement a web application from an empty template.
* Implement an MVC web application using a template.
* Implement an Razor Page web application using a template.
* Implement a data-layer project referenced from the MVC and Razor Page applications.
* Create a "real world" code-first database using Entity Framework Core.
* Add and modify models, views and controllers to perform CRUD operations against the database.
* Use client-side and server-side validation.
* Secure the controllers, actions and view content with authorization and roles.
* Styling HTML with CSS and Bootstrap.
* Create a responsive website.
* Register users with the site.
* Manage users and their video courses.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
Payroll processing performs many tasks to ensure accurate deduction of tax, loans & mandatory contribution of SSS, Philhealth, Pagibig and others deduction. Pinoy Web Application designed for automation of process to avoid padding of time or eliminate fraud most of all the payroll output in a minutes. read more »
Preparation of Annual Income Tax Return for all employee's BIR Form 2316 in manual process are so complicated and can caused a human errors in also take a lot of time to finished. read more »
Using DTR Biometric Finger Scanner application system time-in/time-out we create module process to generate Timesheet for every employee. Before generating employee timesheet cut-off date make it sure that all pending approval of leave & overtime covered on that payroll cut-off date that filed by the employee’s should be approved by designated department. The report monitoring status of Leave & Overtime will help you to identify head department with pending approval to prompt them to approve. read more »
Digital Persona U.are.U 4500 Finger Print Reader is my Software Development Kit (SDK) used in development of Daily Time Records (DTR) Attendance System which is designed to captures the time-in / time-out logs for every employee's and also we embed text to speech features... need speaker to prompt the user what is going on. Most of company today are now using Biometric fingerprint authentication to be used in time attendance that accurately and timely tracked for management reporting and also for accounting payroll processing. read more »
The employer is required to deduct mandatory monthly contribution of SSS, PhilHealth, HDMF and tax withheld for salary above minimum wage in every pay day. Here are the list of data table provided by the government agency that used in Pinoy Web Application payroll processing. read more »