This book is primarily aimed at developers who want to learn how to build ASP.NET Core 2.0 MVC and Razor Page applications. You should be an intermediate level C# developer with some experience in HTML5 and CSS3. The book presupposes that you have a solid C# foundation since the language won't be explained in any detail.
You will learn ASP.NET Core 2.0 by building three applications. The first application will be built using an empty template, the second with the MVC template, and the third with Razor Pages. The goal with the first basic application is to get you familiar with ASP.NET Core 2.0 by adding middleware and services one piece at a time. Then you will create a solution with three projects; the first project will be used to create a shared database with Entity Framework Core 2.0, the second project is a MVC application for the regular user interface, and the third project is an administrator user interface built with Razor Pages. This solution is a video course website, where users can register to gain access to video courses and administrators can add and modify course content and users.
If you are already familiar with MVC 5 or ASP.NET Core 1.0/1.1, the content in this book can get you started with ASP.NET Core 2.0 in a fast, no-fluff way.
It’s important to mention that this book is practical and tactical, where you will learn as you progress through the modules and build real web applications in the process. To spare you countless pages of fluff (filler material), only valuable information, pertinent to the task at hand, is discussed. The benefit is a shorter and more condensed book, which will save you time and give you a more enjoyable experience.
The goal is to learn ASP.NET Core 2.0 by building web projects, two from an empty template and two from existing MVC and Razor Page templates. This experience is something you can put in your CV when applying for a job or a consultant position, or when negotiating a higher salary.
Technologies, frameworks and languages you will use:
* Visual Studio 2017
* ASP.NET Core 2.0 (The framework that you will use)
* MVC & Razor Pages (new in ASP.NET 2.0)
* Services (To provide you own functionality as a reusable service)
* Middleware (To provide you own functionality to HTTP Request pipeline)
* Entity Framework (To crate and communicate with a database)
* View Component (To render data in the _Layout view with model data)
* Razor syntax (To include server-side code in views)
* Bootstrap (Used for styling and to create a responsive design)
* LINQ (To query the database)
* Dependency Injection (To inject objects into constructors)
* Tag Helper (to clean up the HTML and enable re-use)
* HTML Helper methods (to clean up your HTML and enable re-use)
* Partial views (to clean up your views and enable re-use)
* Bower/NuGet (To install necessary front-end/back-end libraries)
What you will implement:
* Implement a web application from an empty template.
* Implement an MVC web application using a template.
* Implement an Razor Page web application using a template.
* Implement a data-layer project referenced from the MVC and Razor Page applications.
* Create a "real world" code-first database using Entity Framework Core.
* Add and modify models, views and controllers to perform CRUD operations against the database.
* Use client-side and server-side validation.
* Secure the controllers, actions and view content with authorization and roles.
* Styling HTML with CSS and Bootstrap.
* Create a responsive website.
* Register users with the site.
* Manage users and their video courses.
Programming books display here are property of respective owners. All information about the book published in this website is in good faith and for general information purpose only.
Please support author by buying hardcopy to the nearest book store in your place or order books in publisher websites.
Pinoy web application payroll register is a data process that all lists of total information for every pay period upon approved by payroll approver before saving to the payroll register like total gross pay, total overtime, total allowances, total of each type of deduction, and total net pay. The computation for each individual employee like gross pay, net pay, withholding tax, overtime pay and other deduction amount seen in payslip report are stored in database table payroll register. read more »
Calculate your Mortgage Loan using this mortgage calculator. It's important to calculate mortgage monthly amortization payment to know how much you can afford for investing house & lot, car or other loans. read more »
TRAIN Law Tax Calculator to allow individuals to have an idea on how much their monthly salary deduction of withholding tax, sss, pagibig, philhealth contribution and salary net pay. read more »
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) has circularized the Revised Withholding Tax Table which should be used in computing tax withheld on every payment of employee compensation. The Table is effective from January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2022. Under the TRAIN law, there will be revised rates of the individual income tax effective on January 1, 2023. read more »
HRMS Employee Data Entry is a process to capture employee’s information data and documents. Pinoy Web Application create basic data entry form how to gather employee's data in Personal Details, Job Information, Allowance and 201 Files that manageable and easy to access or retrieve information. read more »